I’m starting to sleep in a little later again. Out in the garage for a 3pm workout today.
- 5:00 BikeErg (2,550m)
- 2 sets of 15 Steamboats in each position
- 8/8 Single Arm Bench Press w/ OH Hold (50#)
- MAX Dumbbell Bench Press (50#)
The single arm presses were done with the dumbbells in a line similar to a barbell and then the max set was with the DBs pulled in, parallel to each other. I did 16-12-10-20 for the max sets. It would be nice to have a set of 60s for dumbbell bench press.
- 12/12 Static Bicep Curls (25#)
- 12 Standing DB French Press (50#)
- 12 Hammer Curls (25# DBs)
- 12/12 Tricep Kickbacks (25# DB)
Those were some good supersets.
4 Rounds w/ Partner
- 10 Burpees / Plank
- 15 Pull-ups / Band Pull Down Hold
- 15 DB Push Press (35#) / HS Hold
- 30 Air Squats / Bottom Squat Hold
**One person does the hold while the other does their reps then switch places. Same thing with each movement pairing. Each round alternate your starting movement so you experience both orders for each pairing.
I haven’t done a partner workout with holds like this in years. After the strict handstand push-ups yesterday I didn’t want to get too heavy on the push presses, so I went with the 35 pounders and they were perfect because the last five reps got pretty slow each round. You don’t always have to go heavy to get in solid work. Did all pull-ups unbroken and they felt really good. Even my air squats were fast today. We finished in 18:46.