No golf yesterday because of my back. Gave me time to get some painting done, mow the lawn, and work on the Gympac squeezed in around work. Worked out at 4pm today. I’m moving around a lot better today and the dog bite is healing well.
- 6:00 BikeErg (2,784m)
- 80’ Lateral Monster Walks
- 80’ Monster Walks
- 12 Zottman Curls (25# DBs)
- 12 Incline Hammer Curls (30# DBs)
- 12 Tricep Push (Pull?) Downs (reverse grip, 50#)
Used the short spinny handled bar that came with the Gympac.
- 12 Tricep Push Downs (rope, 50#)
- 12 Combo Shoulder Raises (In and out, 15# DBs)
Held the dumbbell with the head pointing to the sky.
- 10 Upright Rows (30-35-40# DBs)
- 200m Run
- 12 Push-up + knee tuck
- 12 Seated Leg Tucks
- 12 Hollow Rocks
Brandi had the idea to change our plan and do abs with running instead of a different workout i had planned. This really got me because I knew I had to push the runs. The nice thing is that I was able to, which historically is not me. I started out a little under two minutes per round and was slowing down. Then I got around the 7:00 mark and really wanted to get seven rounds and finish the run, so I had to make up some ground. Proud of myself for being able to pick up the pace even more on both the runs and the core work. Finished 7+204.
Last night wasn’t bad so it seems like a minor back tweak; I didn’t have any shooting pains whenever I rolled over. After getting out of bed I was leaning to the side a bit while walking. Loosened up as I moved around. Will scale back and keep an eye on it for a week or two. Out in the garage at 4.
- 10:00 Airdyne (201 cals, 5.05 km)
3 Rounds w/ Partner
- 30 Ring Dips
- 60 cal BikeErg (no seat!)
- 60 HR Push-ups
- 60 Single DB Front Rack Walking Lunge (50/35#)
We went five at a time on ring dips. We each went twice on the bike with me doing 18 calories and Brandi 12. Standing really changes it and gives a quad burn. Split push-ups in tens and did 16-14 walking lunges each. Finished in 22:46.
- 10/10 Single Arm DB Bench Press w/ Hold (50# DBs)
- 10 DB Chest Fly (25-30-30# DBs)
I might be able to try the 35s again for these.
- 10 alt Underhand Bench Press (50# DBs)
- 10 Underhand Front Raise (8# DBs)
Those underhand benches are awkward with the dumbbell wanting to go all over the place.
- 12 Tricep Pushdowns (Rope, 45-50-50#)
- 12 Combo Shoulder Raises (10# DBs)
The pulley is much better after I recreated the main cable. Just need to shorten it now because I made it too long. Getting a lot of use out of that little DIY project. I need to make a blog post about it.
My back was better through the night again. Feeling good. Garage time at 4pm.
- 5:00 Airdyne (102cals, 2.54 km)
- 2×10 Steamboats
I got 16, which is one shy of PR.
- 10 Dumbbell Z Press (35#)
- 10 Bent Elbow Lateral Raise (20# DBs)
- 10 Combo Shoulder Raise (15# DBs)
- 10 Upright Rows (53# KB)
Combo shoulder raises are done one arm doing a lateral raise while the other does a front raise. I warmed up bench press with 8×45, 8×95, and 5×145.
- 8 Bench Press (2×165, 2×155)
- 8 DB Fly (30#)
- 8 Bench Press
I used 170 the last time we did this, but it wasn’t after a bunch of other work like today. I was smoked!
20:00 AMRAP w/ Partner
- 30 Ring Dips
- 60 Hang Power Cleans (95/65#)
- 30 Box Jump (30/24″)
- 60 Russian KBS (53/35#)
Decided to make this a partner workout at the last minute (and switch from 15:00 of 25-50-25-50) because I only have one set of rings and starting in different positions would have created a completely different workout for each of us. Worked out well and was fun. We split the dips and jumps in fives. The hang power cleans were in tens until the last round where we did fives. Kettlebell swings were in 15s. We finished 3+77 with me going first. That was 115 hang power cleans for me. My hook grip isn’t used to that!