While working out yesterday we decided not to go to the track after feeling beat up from Friday. Good call, because I woke up sore! In the garage at 10am for a “recovery” type workout.
- 20 PVC Passes
- 80′ Lateral Monster Walks
- 80′ Monster Walks
- 6 Goblet Squats (53#)
- 25/25m Suitcase Carry (70# KB)
- 12 Burpees
- 10 HSPU
- 40s Jump Rope / Lateral Hops
- 12 Goblet Squats (53# KB)
Was happy to get every set of handstand push-ups done unbroken. Alternated between the jump rope and lateral hops each round. Worked up quite a sweat with the humidity from overnight rain.
- 12/12 Partner Banded Rotations (blue)
- 12/12 DB Side Plank Bounces (35#)
- 12 OH Crunches (50# DBs, 2s pause)
- 12 Jack Knives (20# DB + 5# ankle weights)
We hadn’t used the ankle weights in awhile. Adding a weight to the side plank bounces is tough!
Got a good night of sleep in my own bed! I feel good after working out every day for over a week. In the garage at 10am.
- 15-12-9-6-3 Strict HSPU
- 15-12-9-6-3 Strict Pull-up
- 20-16-12-8-4 Push-up
- 20-16-12-8-4 Banded Row (step on band)
- 20-16-12-8-4 V-ups
- 20-16-12-8-4 Banded Tricep Push Downs
- 20-16-12-8-4 Banded Curls
- 30-24-18-12-6 Band Pull Aparts
- 30-24-18-12-6 Russian Twists
I got the idea from TeamRICHEY and modified it to suit two people. It was an I Go You Go style workout with Brandi. I went 9-6, 7-5, 9, 6, 3 on the handstand push-ups. The new mat is a lot nicer than using a plate and AbMat. The pull-ups gassed quick. Went 9-6, 5-4-3, 5-4, 6, 3 on those. The only other movement I had to take any kind of break was with the rows. I went first on the first five movements and then we swapped and Brandi went first the rest of the way. I used a blue band for everything
- 10/10 Banded Partner Rotations/Holds (blue)
- 14 OH Crunches w/ pause (50# DBs)
- 20/20s Weighted Side Planks (20# DB)
- 16 Jack Knives (20# DB)
Was a little tired this morning and my back was tight, but WHOOP said my recovery was only 23%!
I honestly don’t feel that bad. Some days it seems to take the heart rate at a weird time that just throws off the formulas, because it said my resting heart rate was 48, which is much higher than my typical 38-40. Out in the garage at 3:30 today for a session that took 2 hours.
- 5:00 Airdyne (103 cals, 2.55km)
- 3:00 SkiErg (656m)
- 2×15 Steamboats
- 2 HSPU
- 5 DB Hang Squat Cleans (25#)
- 2 Burpee Pull-ups
- 2 DB Hang Squat Cleans (40#)
12:00 AMRAP Partner
- 6/6 HSPU
- 5/5 Burpee Pull-ups
- 6/6 Box Jumps (24/20″)
- 5/5 DB Hang Squat Cleans (40/25# DBs)
This was a new idea for a partner workout where the sets are small, so by the time you move to your next spot it’s almost your turn again. The way this one works is each partner does 6 handstand push-ups (one person working at a time), then each does 5 burpee pull-ups, etc. Brandi scaled back her HSPU to do Rx and eventually went to some DB push presses. It worked out pretty well, with the burpee pull-ups taking the most time by far. I originally was going to do 15 minutes, but pulled back to 12 today. Would have been fine with three more minutes. This would be a good one to try solo as well. I started, we got through five rounds and I got all of my burpee pull-ups done in the sixth.
Could have went more, but that was good enough for today with a lot of work left.
- 12 DB Chest Fly (35#)
- 12 Underhand Front Raise (15# DBs)
- 12/12 Static Bicep Curls (25-30-30# DBs)
- 12 Standing DB French Press (50# DB)
- 12 Hammer Curls (30# DBs)
- 12/12 One Arm OH Tricep Extension (25-20# DB)
- 12 Hammer Curls (30# DBs)
- 12/12 Tricep Kickbacks (25# DB)
The single arm overhead tricep extensions were really bugging my left shoulder so I did kickbacks for the third set.
- 10 Jack Knives (20# DB + 5# ankle weights)
- 10 Renegade Rows (50# DBs)
- 20 alt V-ups (5# ankle weights)
- 10/10 Partner Banded Rotations/Holds (blue)
We should really do more of those renegade rows on back day. I feel like they isolate the back muscles better than a Kroc row, which are easy to rotate and cheat on.
My upper body was pretty sore yesterday and my upper back definitely still is. My hands just ached this morning. Yesterday was the last day of my four day weekend and I walked 18 holes of golf. Worked on the new office a little in the morning and then for a few hours after I got home. It was a busy four days and my weight was under 193 this morning, so I need to build back up to the 195-198 zone. Today we worked out at 4pm.
- 5:00 SkiErg (1,113m)
- 5:00 BikeErg (2,510m)
- 160′ Lateral Monster Walks
- 160′ Monster Walks
- 8 Kossack Squats
E4M – 4 Sets
- 1:30 Banded March (green, 30# MB, 1x bear hug, 3x front rack)
- 16 Goblet Kossack Squats (40# DB in front rack)
- 10/10 Landmine Curtsy Lunges (1@115, 3@125#)
- 10/10/10 Three Position Calf Raises (40# DBs, out-neutral-in)
These were both good supersets!
- Over the Box Jumps (24″)
- Strict HSPU
5:00 Rest & Repeat
I was hoping to get through in three sets and I did the first time by doing 6-5-4, 5-4-3, 4-3-2 to finish in 5:19. I knew I wouldn’t be able to sustain that a second time so during the rest I came up with a four set plan. I went 4-4-4-3, 3-3-3-3, 3-2-2-2 and I was on the brink of failure a lot. Finished in 6:17. Just not a #repeater workout you’re going to get faster on after the first cycle through. Happy with the way that turned out though.
- 20 Jack Knife DB Pullover (25#)
- 12/12 Plank w/ Tricep Kickback (20#)
- 24 alt DB Leg Drops (25#)
- 12/12 Banded Partner Rotations/Holds (2x red, 1x blue)
Some new stuff that was rough. Those banded rotations/holds are still the worst movement though.