My glutes were feeling the leg workout a bit yesterday. I walked 18 holes.
- 4 Openers (20s hold)
- 10 Wall Slides
- 10 Reverse Pattern on ball (5s hold)
- BikeErg (4,883m)
- 20 KB RDLs OR 10/10 Single leg RDL hand supported on side (30/20#)
- 15 Perfect Push-ups
- 20 Seated Piked Foot Claps
- Row (2,048m)
- 20 alt Dumbbell Thrusters (15/10#)
- 16 Combo Laterals (front + side, 8/5#)
- 20 Plank Jacks
In the first set B went outside to move a trash can, so didn’t get a lot of rowing done.
- BikeErg (5,207m)
- 8/8 Slider Hamstring Curls (one leg raised)
- 10 Inverted Bar Rows
- 16 Plank to Downward Dog
I did my thrusters sitting down to the bench, to protect my back. It was really humid today, so a lot of sweating! We finished in 38:11. Then we did a quick five minutes or so of hip mobility.
On to the three day weekend!
- 40 Strict HSPU
- 60 Burpee Box Get Overs (42”
- 80 Single Arm DB Thrusters (30#)
- 100 Pull-ups
- 120 cal Row
- 100 Push-ups
- 80 Air Squats
- 60 T2B (10-10-5-5)
We alternated doing 5s for the HSPU. I went unbroken for three of my sets and then had to do 2-1-1-1. Since we were keeping the box at one height we alternated between me doing six and Brandi doing four. For the thrusters we each did 10 at a time, five per arm. The pull-ups were 10 sets of six for me and four for B. These wrecked me! I got on the rower and couldn’t even pull 900 cal/hr my first time. But then I was able to catch my breath. We split those up doing six rounds of 12/8 calories. I did 10-10-10-12-12-10 push-ups while B was doing sixes. We each did 20 squats twice. Then to close it out were sets of ten toes to bars. Took us 34:14 and I was not feeling very good for the next hour.
MAX Bench Press (160/80#)
Felt good and got 26 reps.
MAX Perfect Push-ups
I don’t think I’ve ever used something like these, but B brought them over, so might as well try. I didn’t rotate them much, but it is several inches deeper. I got 32 reps
- 14 Seated DB Shoulder Press (elbows out, 40#)
These felt much better than the 12×40 I was doing in the first week.
40 DB Bench Press (60/30#)
My game plan was all fives and I stuck too it, though the last two sets were hard! Finished in 2:06.
- 700m Run
- 30 Single Arm DB Thruster (25#)
Did 15 unbroken on each arm. Finished in 9:29.
Out in the garage after 4pm, late for a Sunday.
15:00 AMRAP – Partner
- Partner A:
- 5/5 Single Arm DB Thruster (50#)
- 10 alt DB Hang Snatch
- 5/5 Single Arm DB Hang C&J
- Partner B: BikeErg
I started with the dumbbell first and Brandi was on the bike. I completed 5 rounds with the DB, she had 8 more to go, and we totaled 5,950 meters.
- 10 Lat pull downs w/two handle (115#)
- 10 Straight arm, palms forward, arms out incline back flies (15# DBs)
- 10 Lean back lat pull down (bar, 115#)
- 10 Reverse grip lat pull down (115#)
2 Sets of 20s
- Plank Knee to Elbow
- Reverse Crunch
- Side Plank Pulse
- Side Plank Pulse
- alt V-up
- Big Hollow Flutter Kick (single leg raises)
- Oblique Heel Touch
- Russian Twist
- Lying Leg Lift (w/o hip raise)
First round done in 3:32 and 7:08 overall, which is a huge PR by 1:09!! We decided not to do the round of 10 today.