- 100 cal BikeErg (12/8)
- 80 DB Floor Press (40#)
- 80 Walking Lunge
- 30 Strict Pull-up
- 80 Russian KB Swing (53#)
- 80 Seated DB Shoulder Press (30#)
- 100 alt Side Crunch + Plank
- 100 cal BikeErg (12/8)
- 80 DB Floor Press
- 80 Walking Lunge
We did 5×12/8 on the bike, 4×10 for floor press, lunges, wings, and shoulder presses. I think we went 3-3-3-2-2-2-2-3 pull-ups, and 20-20-10 with the crunches while the partner held a plank. It took 31-32:00 and then a neighbor interrupted. Was going to do the pull-ups and be done.
Took about a 30 minute break during the day to do more digging. Out in the garage at about 4:30.
- 12 Superman
- 30/30s Weighted Side Plank (20# DB)
- 8/8 Banded Partner Rotations and Holds (red)
- 20 Banded Hamstring Curls (blue)
- 10/10 Step Downs (14”)
- 20 Reverse Lunges (40# DBs)
- 10x 3 Air Squats + Jumping Pull-up
- 10 DB Floor Press (50#)
Not sure this idea of the triple air squat pull-ups really hit it’s mark, but it was challenging and I was breathing heavy. Finished in 9:19.
Spent a little over an hour digging later in the evening.
Didn’t sleep for shit last night, with my shoulder and back making every position uncomfortable. Pretty dead to the world even after 2 coffees this morning, but out in the garage after 10am.
- 15 Deadlift (95#)
- 15 Burpees over the Bar
- 15 DB Floor Press (50#)
- 20 cal BikeErg
Eased in with the first round of deadlifts since we hadn’t warmed up much other than the 10×45 I pulled. Then I found energy when I started the burpees and felt pretty good the rest of the way. It wasn’t exactly fun, but my pace was solid, with burpees taking me 33-34 seconds every round.
- 12 Seated Hammer Curls (20#)
- 12 Seated French Press (35#)
Since I went light I did a slower decent with a more explosive lift.
A few minutes after getting in the house I was feeling rough. After my protein shake and logging this, I’m taking a nap!
Workout at 10am.
- 5:00 TrueForm Run (0.85 km)
- 20 PVC Passes
- 2 Sets
- 10 Trap Raise (5#)
- 10 Cuban Rotations (15#)
Chest & Triceps
Landmine Bench Press
- 5/5 @ 45#
- 8/8 @ 60-65-70-75
- 8 Incline DB Bench Press (60#)
- 8 DB Skull Crushers (30-35-35# DBs)
- MAX Tricep Pull Down (rope, 37#)
We went back and forth doing sets. I did 20-20-15-15-18.
- DB Floor Press (45# DBs)
This was pretty bad. I managed to stay unbroken with the dumbbells, but not with the push-ups. Finished in 4:35.
- 2×10 Butcher’s Block (35#)
- 2x30s Butcher’s Block Stretch (35#)
Switching our rest day from Thursday to Friday and I’m feeling a little bit beat up. I didn’t sleep the greatest either. 5pm today.
- 80′ Lateral Monster Walk
- 80′ Monster Walk
- Wrist Warm-up
- 2x45s Wall Walk
- 2x30s Wall Walk
- 2x30s OH Plate Hold (45#)
- 12 Lat Pulldowns (104#)
- 12/12 Single Leg Step-downs (15″, 35#)
- 12 Weighted Plyo Lunges (35# DBs)
- 12 DB Floor Press (60# DBs)
- 12 T2B
Didn’t wear grips because of sore on my wrist and was able to go unbroken until the final round when I went 7-1 toes to bar. Finished 5+32 overall.
- 12 Parallette Shoot Throughs (5# ankle weights)
- 24 Russian Twists (35# plate, 5# ankle weights)
- 12 Weighted Leg Lifts (5# ankle weights)
Core is just tired from yesterday and the previous work.
My body feels beat up! A lot of areas are sore. Last night I cleaned a ton in my workshop and kicking up all of the dust got my sinuses fired up the rest of the evening. Then today after walking 18 holes and showering they flared back up again. Plus I got a bit of a heat headache. So wasn’t really feeling the greatest to workout for our fourth day in a row, but I knew we weren’t doing anything intense. I don’t like to workout four days, but Brandi and I have some oddities in our schedules this week. Yes, I did have the day off work.
Oh, and the new 15 kg barbell arrived from X Training!
- 20 alt Single Arm Seated Incline DB Curls (30#)
- 10 Reverse Curl (15-20-20# DBs)
- 10 Skull Crushers (35-75-75# barbell)
- 10 Tricep Push Downs (60#)
- 10 DB Floor Press (40-50-50# DBs)
The Gympac worked great for the couple of movements we used it for. Great addition to the garage gym! Oh and I got the labels to print, so I was able publish the post on nick.blog with all of the details.
Yesterday was a long travel day. My back didn’t seem to improve over the week away. I don’t think sitting on flights and working from couches, kitchen chairs, and patio chairs helped though. Mowed most of the lawn today but didn’t feel like doing an Engine Builder workout. Went to the 4pm class though.
- 400m Run
- Line Drills
- Ankle Rolls
- Walking Lunges
- Hug Knee to Chest
- Quad Stretch
- Lunge & twist
- Side Lunge
- High Knees
- Butt Kicks
- 10 cal Assault Bike
- 10 cal Row
- 10 DB Floor Press (50# DBs)
- 10 Wall Balls (20#, 10′)
This was a good one to come back to, even though the notes said not to go hard. I held a pretty good pace though and smoked everyone. Took me 26:22 with a few short waits on for our one AB to open up and then for Weston to get done with the dumbbells we were sharing.