The outside of my hips are feeling that squat superset again and my upper body is kind of tired. Golf was rained out today, so getting in a workout since we’re heading out of town for vacation tomorrow.
- 1:00 BikeErg (450-475-500m)
- 10 Scap Pull-ups
- 10 PVC Passes
- 10 HR Push-ups
Oh man was I feeling it during the push-ups!
Back & Arms
- 10 Lat Pulldowns (115#)
- 10 EZ Bar Curls (66#)
I could really feel my biceps from yesterday.
- 10 Pendlay Rows (105#)
- 10 Double DB Skull Crushers (35#)
- 1:00 Burpee Box Jump Overs (24″)
- 1:20 Rest
I did 13-14-14-14-15. Originally I wrote it with 1:00 rests, but we shared a space, so I put 10 seconds of transition in between us so we could swap out the box height. The rest turned out to be just right.
Out in the garage shortly after 9am so we can get out of town for the day.
- 3:00 SkiErg (594m)
- 2:00 TrueForn Run (0.28 km)
- 4 Sets
- 40’ Tip Toe Walk
- 10 Calf Raises
- 10 PVC Passes
- 20 DU
- 10 OHS (45#)
- 5 OHS (95#)
I scaled the overhead squats down from 135 pounds due to where I’m at with getting back in to these movements, but I kept the thrusters at the Rx weight. The OHS and thrusters felt surprisingly good. I only missed twice on the rope. Finished in 8:59 and could have saved a lot of time with a better setup and quicker changing of the plates. Happy with my effort and performance though.
- 21s (20-25-25#)
- 12 Tricep Pushdowns (bar, 60#)
- 12 In and Out Hammer Curls (25# DBs)
- 12 DB Skull Crushers (30# DBs)
5 Rounds each (do entire round, while partner does holds)
- 8 Burpee Box Get Overs (48/38″) / 1:00 Bottom Squat Hold
- 15/10 cal Row / 35s Glute Bridge Hold
- 30 Plyo Lunges / 40s Plank
Brandi went first, so I was in the hold first. Took us 27:13.
- 120/120′ Suitcase Carry (70# KB)
- 8 Evil Wheels
- 12 Double DB Skull Crushers (30# DBs)
I had energy until this accessory work, which kind of wiped me out!