Turned out I didn’t have pink eye. Must have been some type of irritation after mowing the lawn in the morning yesterday. It was all good later in the day. My entire body hurt last night, through the night, and this morning from laying laminate flooring for almost 6 hours. I slept like shit because I couldn’t get comfortable. After my coffee and doing more work on the new office flooring this morning I actually felt much better. Out in the garage at 9:30 for the workout, in the middle of a big storm, which cooled things down and gave us a nice breeze. The humidity kicked in later.
I was feeling even better as I got in to this and kept increasing my pace. Went 15,383 meters.
- 12 Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns (55#)
I’m still doing these with an open palm, but I feel like my hands are going to slip sooner or later since my homemade lat bar rotates.
- 12 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (85#)
- 12 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (85#)
- 12 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (85#)
These are terrible every fucking time. The pulleys on my system seem to be failing. Maybe I need something that can handle more volume, because this is the second different type I’ve tried.
- 12 Seated Cable Row (double handle, 85#)
- 12 Seated Bent Over Back Fly (2@35, 2@30# DBs)
I was losing form and cheating too much so I dropped to lighter dumbbells for the last two sets.
- 10/10 Single Arm Landmine Rows (45 + 40-45-50-55#)
I kneeled on a bench with one leg and arm again to help give my back some support. Felt better with the movement this week.
- 16 OH Crunches (w/ pause, 50# DBs)
- 40 Weighted Bicycles (5# ankle weights)
- 8/8 Hip Abducted Evil Wheels
- 100m Front Rack Carry (155#)
I kept the ankle weights on for everything again. I really don’t even notice them on the carries anymore. This was one of the worst weighted ab workouts we’ve done, especially since it was only three sets. The front rack carries suck for that distance, but I got through them without a problem. Don’t get me wrong, I was breathing like I just ran a 7:00 mile after each set.
Didn’t sleep great, but WHOOP has me in the green for the first time in over a week. My body feels pretty beat from the last two days. My hands probably feel the worse, from 50 muscle-ups and then moving the pool table. More painting today. Out in the garage at 3pm.
After a few weeks of mostly heavy work, we’re going back to higher rep supersets and we’ll go heavy on the stuff we were doing drop sets with.
- 10 Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns (55#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (85#)
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (85#)
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (85#)
- 10 Seated Cable Row (double handle, 80#)
- MAX Ring Rows (13-10-8-8)
- 10 Inverted Bar Row
- 10 Seated Bent Over Back Fly (35# DBs)
- 8/8 Single Arm Landmine Rows (45+40#, 45+50#, 45+55#)
- 12/12 Oblique Knee Raise (5# ankle weights, hands on bench)
- 12 Yoga Ball Crunch (30# DB)
- 8/8 Standing DB Windmill (30# DB)
- 100m Sandbag Bear Hug Carry (100/65#)
Wore my 5# ankle weights for every movement of the three sets.
Straight back to more painting after the workout!
Each night my back seems to be a bit worse, though hasn’t bothered me rolling over yet. Has been fine after I’m up and moving around, which is good. My ass is sore from yesterday! Out in the garage at 10am.
- 10:00 BikeErg (4,426m)
- Monster Walks
- 20 PVC Passes
- 10 Straight Arm Pull Down (35, 4×50#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
This gets so bad. I think the 40 muscle-ups from yesterday really affected those close grip pull downs.
- 10 Seated Cable Row (75#)
- MAX Strict Chin-ups (10-8-6-5)
Why are strict chin-ups so hard after all this stuff?
- 10 Inverted Bar Row
- 10 Seated Bent Over Back Flies (30# DBs)
Haven’t done the bar rows in a long time. I like those.
- 12 Low-Pulley Knee-In w/ pause (20#)
- 12 Plate Crunches w/ pause (45#)
- 5/5 Hip Abducted Evil Wheels
- 50m Sandbag Carry (100#)
I’m going to be feeling this for a few days. I feel like I’ve gotten pretty good with evil wheels, but the hip abduction is a game changer. I used a PVC pipe through a 45# plate, which also adds a lot more instability compared to a barbell with plates.
In the evening I modified an old ab wheel.
I feel surprisingly good after that leg killer yesterday. Last night I poured myself a drink after a tough week and got some solid recovery sleep. WHOOP has me at 46% recovery today, which is understandable after some drinking and two days of tough workouts. Out in the garage at 10am.
- 15:00 Airdyne (319 cals, 7.79 km)
- Monster Walks
- 20 PVC Passes
Sunday is going to be focused on back for awhile.
- 12 Lat Pull Downs (90#)
- 12 DB Pullovers (40-50-50-50#)
The damn pulleys on my cable system were causing too much friction even after I added a bunch of 3-in-1 oil before we started. So then the coating on the cable split open. Guess I’ll have to find some better pulleys.
- 12 Seated Horizontal Banded Rows (2x red)
- 12 Seated Back Fly (30#)
This combo was probably the toughest of the day.
- 12 Straight-ish Arm Banded Pull Down and Backs (2x red)
- 12/12 Single Arm Seated Banded Pull Downs (red)
- 12/12 Cross Body Single Arm 90 (15#)
- 12/12 Kroc Row (elbow out, 30#)
I wasn’t confident in the shoulder positions for those 90s. Flaring out the elbow for the rows is much harder!
- MAX Strict Pull-ups
- 2:00 Rest
Wasn’t expecting much, but I set a PR by two reps on the first set with 17!! Fell off a cliff from there though with 9-7-7.
- 10 Push-up w/ reach across and move dumbbell (50#)
- 40 Hollow Flutter Kicks
- 20 Floor Wipers (45# plate)
I was able to keep everything unbroken. Took me 7:30.
It was a monster session over 2.5 hours with my time on the bike.