I feel surprisingly good after that leg killer yesterday. Last night I poured myself a drink after a tough week and got some solid recovery sleep. WHOOP has me at 46% recovery today, which is understandable after some drinking and two days of tough workouts. Out in the garage at 10am.
- 15:00 Airdyne (319 cals, 7.79 km)
- Monster Walks
- 20 PVC Passes
Sunday is going to be focused on back for awhile.
- 12 Lat Pull Downs (90#)
- 12 DB Pullovers (40-50-50-50#)
The damn pulleys on my cable system were causing too much friction even after I added a bunch of 3-in-1 oil before we started. So then the coating on the cable split open. Guess I’ll have to find some better pulleys.
- 12 Seated Horizontal Banded Rows (2x red)
- 12 Seated Back Fly (30#)
This combo was probably the toughest of the day.
- 12 Straight-ish Arm Banded Pull Down and Backs (2x red)
- 12/12 Single Arm Seated Banded Pull Downs (red)
- 12/12 Cross Body Single Arm 90 (15#)
- 12/12 Kroc Row (elbow out, 30#)
I wasn’t confident in the shoulder positions for those 90s. Flaring out the elbow for the rows is much harder!
- MAX Strict Pull-ups
- 2:00 Rest
Wasn’t expecting much, but I set a PR by two reps on the first set with 17!! Fell off a cliff from there though with 9-7-7.
- 10 Push-up w/ reach across and move dumbbell (50#)
- 40 Hollow Flutter Kicks
- 20 Floor Wipers (45# plate)
I was able to keep everything unbroken. Took me 7:30.
It was a monster session over 2.5 hours with my time on the bike.