It was nice to get out of town and see my Dad yesterday, walking 18 holes together. Today I was out in the garage early for some cardio (love the new BikeErg!) before a 10am start.
- 15:00 BikeErg (7,832m)
- PVC Passes
Wheeled the bike out back in the sun again. Increased pace every five minutes.
- 12 Straight Arm Pull Down (45#)
Use open palms, which forces you to engage your lats more because you can’t “pull down” with your arms.
- 12 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 12 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 12 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
My bright idea to go from sets of 10 to 12. Idiot!
- 12 DB Pullover (50#)
- 12/12 Kroc Rows (53#)
5 Set Drop Set
- 8 DB Back Fly (40# DBs)
- 4 Max rep Drop Sets (35-30-25-20#)
I did twelve reps for the first three drop sets and then hold on for a whopping 20 reps.
I helped Brandi with some bar muscle-up drills and worked on ring false grip and a strict muscle-up a bit with the rings at ring dip height. The false grip is so uncomfortable!
- 12 Low-Pulley Knee-In w/ pause (20#)
- 12 Plate Crunches w/ pause (55#)
- 5/5 Hip Abducted Evil Wheels
- 50m Front Rack Carry (155/105#)
Improved the knee-in movement by getting some straps to use around my feet instead of the band I used last week. I’d like to go even heavier for the crunches so may have to try with a barbell. Forgot how nasty a front rack carry can be.