Traveled to Cancun yesterday for a work trip. Made it to the resort’s gym before dinner today.
- 5:00 Spin Bike
- 2 Sets
- 10 Reverse Pattern on Ball (5s)
- 10 Wall Slides
- 20 alt Seated Hip Openers
- 20/20s Supine Leg over Stretch
- Lat Pulldowns (Setting #12, whatever that means)
- DB Curls (25#)
I bit off more than I could choose with the weight choices, so that’s why the descending rep scheme.
- 10/10 Single Leg Step-up with Knee Drive (18”)
- 20 DB Reverse Lunges (30# DBs)
- 15 OH Crunch (35#)
- 20 Slow Bicycles
- 15 Leg Lifts
- 30 Oblique Heel Touches
Really felt the burn.
- 3:00 Walk
- 3:00/3:00 Sideways Walk
- 3:00 Backwards Walk
I got an hour long deep tissue massage last night and boy did I need it. My shoulders are all knotted up and my calves hurt so good when she worked on them. I really need to find a masseuse back home again. Up at 4:40 again this morning, but I was in bed by 10:30.
I noticed there was an F45 gym right around the corner from the apartment, so I figured I’d check it out, especially since they give one free class. I went to the 8am class.
They did a quick demo of the movements (though they are all on TVs) and then a very short warm-up that was maybe three minutes long.
Today is one of their cardio days and the workout was titled “Empire.”
Empire will have you sweating it out in a team training style, combo-set cardio workout.
- Empire consists of six combo stations and can accommodate 36 members.
- This workout follows a racetrack-style movement system. Members move in numerical order through all six combo stations. For example, stations 1a & 1b move to station 2a & 2b, stations 2a & 2b move to station 3a & 3b, stations 3a & 3b move to station 4a & 4b. Members complete one combo set at each station and three laps through the room.
- The timing is 45 seconds of work and 15 seconds of rest. There is a 50-second hydration break after each completed lap.
In was essentially a FGB workout with 12 stations. Work for 45 seconds and you have 15 seconds for transition. After each cycle through the room, you get a longer 50 second rest.
- 1A: Row
- 1B: Holding a slam ball (15kg) do 4 side skaters, slam it, and do a burpee on it
- 2A: Box Jumps (12″)
- 2B: Inch worm + 10 Mountain Climbers
- 3A: Holding a sledge hammer upright in front of you do 4 twists, raise it overhead, and do 2 reverse lunges.
- 3B: Skipping in place clap hands under the leg that is up
- 4A: Standing spin bike
- 4B: Step-up with explosive knee raise (24″)
- 5A: Holding on to the front of a bench, hop your legs over back and forth.
- 5B: In a squat keep alternating reverse lunges
- 6A: Plank hold + feet spread on sliders
- 6B: Jingle Jangles
I would say it did the trick as a cardio day. I noticed right away that all of the rowers were set to a 10 and the demo video guy didn’t even know how to row!
Checking out of the Airbnb today and transferring to the hotel for the work part of the trip. I was able to hit the fitness center in the hotel and do my back rehab work.