Yesterday I was the only one who showed up for golf so I was able to walk a quick 18 in about 2:45. Second week of the arm program.
- 20 PVC Passes
- 10 Trunk Rotations
- 8 Barbell Curls (45#)
- 8 Close Grip Bench Press (45#)
- 8 Close Grip Bench Press (95#)
- 8 Close Grip Bench Press (120-140-160-180#)
- 20 alt Cross-body Hammer Curl (25#)
- 10/10 One Arm OH Tricep Extension (25-30-30# DB, standing)
- 12 Incline DB Curl (25#)
- 20 Tricep Pulldown (rope, 51.5#)
- 20 Cable Curl (40.5#)
- 12 Diamond Push-up
Increased weight just a little bit on a lot of the movements. Those supersets are so rough!
- 10 Partner Leg Lift + Throws
We did these correctly this week by holding each other’s ankles while laying on the floor.
- 20 alt V-ups
- 10/10 Side Plank Bounces (10#)
- 30 Mountain Climbers
- 20 DB OH Crunches (2×30#)
Took me 3:55.
Was a little tired this morning and my back was tight, but WHOOP said my recovery was only 23%!
I honestly don’t feel that bad. Some days it seems to take the heart rate at a weird time that just throws off the formulas, because it said my resting heart rate was 48, which is much higher than my typical 38-40. Out in the garage at 3:30 today for a session that took 2 hours.
- 5:00 Airdyne (103 cals, 2.55km)
- 3:00 SkiErg (656m)
- 2×15 Steamboats
- 2 HSPU
- 5 DB Hang Squat Cleans (25#)
- 2 Burpee Pull-ups
- 2 DB Hang Squat Cleans (40#)
12:00 AMRAP Partner
- 6/6 HSPU
- 5/5 Burpee Pull-ups
- 6/6 Box Jumps (24/20″)
- 5/5 DB Hang Squat Cleans (40/25# DBs)
This was a new idea for a partner workout where the sets are small, so by the time you move to your next spot it’s almost your turn again. The way this one works is each partner does 6 handstand push-ups (one person working at a time), then each does 5 burpee pull-ups, etc. Brandi scaled back her HSPU to do Rx and eventually went to some DB push presses. It worked out pretty well, with the burpee pull-ups taking the most time by far. I originally was going to do 15 minutes, but pulled back to 12 today. Would have been fine with three more minutes. This would be a good one to try solo as well. I started, we got through five rounds and I got all of my burpee pull-ups done in the sixth.
Could have went more, but that was good enough for today with a lot of work left.
- 12 DB Chest Fly (35#)
- 12 Underhand Front Raise (15# DBs)
- 12/12 Static Bicep Curls (25-30-30# DBs)
- 12 Standing DB French Press (50# DB)
- 12 Hammer Curls (30# DBs)
- 12/12 One Arm OH Tricep Extension (25-20# DB)
- 12 Hammer Curls (30# DBs)
- 12/12 Tricep Kickbacks (25# DB)
The single arm overhead tricep extensions were really bugging my left shoulder so I did kickbacks for the third set.
- 10 Jack Knives (20# DB + 5# ankle weights)
- 10 Renegade Rows (50# DBs)
- 20 alt V-ups (5# ankle weights)
- 10/10 Partner Banded Rotations/Holds (blue)
We should really do more of those renegade rows on back day. I feel like they isolate the back muscles better than a Kroc row, which are easy to rotate and cheat on.