Forgot to hit publish on this yesterday, so it’s going live the morning after, but the post date is correct.
Monday night I started having issues with my sinuses and it hit me full on yesterday. Took the day off work since I couldn’t sit or stand for more than a few minutes without my nose and eyes watering like Niagara Falls. Was supposed to golf, but had to bail again. 🤒 I got out in the garage around 5:30.
Used 215 last time. Not sure how long these 5# jumps are sustainable.
Last time I did 2 sets at 135 and one at 140, plus adding in the extra warm-up set. These increases really aren’t sustainable on the shoulder press so I jumped up a bit in volume and increased the weight on 2 of the working sets.
- 3×16 Alternating Incline DB Bench Press (50#)
- 3×15 Pallof Press (CS Red)
- 3×15 Tricep Extensions (40-45-50#)
- 3×15/15 Landmine Press (80#)
- Bench HS Walk (3s hold at end of turn – video)
- 10 Straight arm pull-downs on low rig (feet on box – video)
- 1:00 Ski Erg (90% of 500m PR pace)
- 1:00 Rest
Pace goal came out to about 1:45, which I was holding after the start, but that’s not enough to bring the average down low enough. I got progressively better and longer sprint starts. Splits in meters and average pace were…
Came out to a total of 2,858 meters and … 1:44.9! Made it. 😉