Each night my back seems to be a bit worse, though hasn’t bothered me rolling over yet. Has been fine after I’m up and moving around, which is good. My ass is sore from yesterday! Out in the garage at 10am.
- 10:00 BikeErg (4,426m)
- Monster Walks
- 20 PVC Passes
- 10 Straight Arm Pull Down (35, 4×50#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
This gets so bad. I think the 40 muscle-ups from yesterday really affected those close grip pull downs.
- 10 Seated Cable Row (75#)
- MAX Strict Chin-ups (10-8-6-5)
Why are strict chin-ups so hard after all this stuff?
- 10 Inverted Bar Row
- 10 Seated Bent Over Back Flies (30# DBs)
Haven’t done the bar rows in a long time. I like those.
- 12 Low-Pulley Knee-In w/ pause (20#)
- 12 Plate Crunches w/ pause (45#)
- 5/5 Hip Abducted Evil Wheels
- 50m Sandbag Carry (100#)
I’m going to be feeling this for a few days. I feel like I’ve gotten pretty good with evil wheels, but the hip abduction is a game changer. I used a PVC pipe through a 45# plate, which also adds a lot more instability compared to a barbell with plates.
In the evening I modified an old ab wheel.
Feeling my ass a bit from yesterday’s lunges. I was out in the garage working on a new pull-up bar before Monday. I might redo the board because the right side has some flex to it.
Finally started our workout around 10:30. Doing back day on Saturday this week since tomorrow will be a rest day.
- 10 Straight Arm Pull Down (45#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
Nasty super set! I used 60-60-70-80-80#.
- 10 Seated Cable Row (60#)
- 10 Leaning Seated Cable Row (60#)
5 Set Drop Set
- 8 Incline Prone DB Rows (50#)
- 4 Max rep Drop Sets (45-40-35-30#)
The idea here is to hit a heavy set of eight, then decrease the weight and hit a max set until you get in five total sets. I got 12-10-10-16 on my max rep sets.
We skipped ab work since we just did some yesterday and those were some brutal sets today!
In the afternoon I remounted the pull-up bar because one side of the board was flexing too much. It’s solid now!
Forgot to hit publish on this yesterday, so it’s going live the morning after, but the post date is correct.
Monday night I started having issues with my sinuses and it hit me full on yesterday. Took the day off work since I couldn’t sit or stand for more than a few minutes without my nose and eyes watering like Niagara Falls. Was supposed to golf, but had to bail again. 🤒 I got out in the garage around 5:30.
Used 215 last time. Not sure how long these 5# jumps are sustainable.
Last time I did 2 sets at 135 and one at 140, plus adding in the extra warm-up set. These increases really aren’t sustainable on the shoulder press so I jumped up a bit in volume and increased the weight on 2 of the working sets.
- 3×16 Alternating Incline DB Bench Press (50#)
- 3×15 Pallof Press (CS Red)
- 3×15 Tricep Extensions (40-45-50#)
- 3×15/15 Landmine Press (80#)
- Bench HS Walk (3s hold at end of turn – video)
- 10 Straight arm pull-downs on low rig (feet on box – video)
- 1:00 Ski Erg (90% of 500m PR pace)
- 1:00 Rest
Pace goal came out to about 1:45, which I was holding after the start, but that’s not enough to bring the average down low enough. I got progressively better and longer sprint starts. Splits in meters and average pace were…
Came out to a total of 2,858 meters and … 1:44.9! Made it. 😉