My back is still really tight, but at least the low back is all muscle soreness and not pain. Slept about 9 hours each of the last two nights to help with recovery. Out in the garage after 10am.
- 12 Seated DB Bent Over Fly (30#)
- 12 Seated DB Bent Over Row (30#)
- 12 Face Pull (rope, 54-60-60#)
- 12 Incline Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns (60-71-71#)
- 12 Incline Forward Facing Lat Pulldowns (93-104-104#)
- 12 Standing Offset Row to Chest (double handle, 71-76-82#)
I liked the 12 reps sets and going a bit lighter I tried to bust through everything and not take breaks. Good pump!
Pulled an average of about 1,400+ cal/hr over the course of the workout, with the last two rounds being my fastest. Went 10-10 on every round of push-ups. Finished in 7:55.
The DOMs kicking on around my shoulders, upper back, and calves is real from 21.1. Yesterday I went back to the video and evaluated my time splits and was really thinking about a redo. Not going to push it though. My calf and shoulder survived and did pretty well I must say. No need to hit them both with a lot more reps so soon. I need to survive the upcoming two weeks of the open. Out in the garage at noon.
- 10 Lat Pulldowns (115#)
- 10 Underhand Lat Pulldowns (115#)
- 10 Seated Cable Row (115#)
- 10 Incline DB Back Fly (30#)
- 10 Standing Offset Double Handle Row (93#)
- 10 Incline DB Rows (40#)
- 15 V-ups
- 10 Plank Walkouts
- 30 Oblique Crunches
I came out hot, flying through the V-ups. The plank extensions were really hard though, with my sore shoulders. I can feel these crunches more in my oblique than any other movement I can think of. Finished in 6:40.
8:00 EMOM (alt)
I knew this was going to be rough and it sure was. The row took about 39-38-38-38 seconds according to the computer (I couldn’t see the clock with the way I had setup). I started out at 46 seconds for the burpees and got a second faster each time. No joke and a perfect workout for today.