Was due for the rest day yesterday. Chest was still sore and my quads started to get sore from all of the Sunday air squats. This weather is crazy (57°) so I took advantage with the garage open and some outside movements.
Active Life – Hips
- 1:00/1:00 Banded Posterior Ankle Distraction
- 20 Lateral Banded Step Overs
- 8 Paused Squat Press Outs (25#)
- 5 Jump Squats
Workout – 4 Sets (2x each side)
- 8 One Arm Waiter’s Squat (53#, 3s pause)
- 60m One Arm Farmer Carry (70#)
Really nice walking up and down the driveway instead of doing 5 meter turn-arounds inside the garage. Warmed up my snatch with 5×45# and 2x5x95.
- 5 Power Snatch (135#)
- 200m Run (middle of yard 4th house down)
Complete change of plans after the clock started and I did the first rep. I held on to do all 5. So then I challenged myself not to drop the bar. I made each set unbroken with some resetting at the hips. As a result my runs were probably pretty slow. Finished in 9:07. Pretty sure I’ve never done than many big unbroken sets in a metcon though. Win!
Active Life – Back Max
- 2:00/2:00 Foam Roll quads
- 5/5 Split Squat Rock Back (3s pause)
- 10 Alternating Dead Bugs
- 5 Ring Fallouts
- 5 Groiners
- 10 Cat Camel + Rock Back
The foam rolling was painful with sore quads. Got through 2 rounds of the other movements.